Thursday, January 2, 2014

My Verse of the Year

I was reading an article yesterday (how I wish I remembered which one but I’ve been reading so voraciously lately, I honestly couldn’t tell you) where the author shared that at the beginning of each new year, she chooses a theme, and in particular, a Verse for the Year.  

Well I looooove this idea.  And I promptly started thinking about which verse would be best for me.  A few candidates popped to mind immediately.  

I thought about Jeremiah 29:11, which was easily my theme for last year.  I thought about Philippians 4:8, which is one of my favorite verses of all time.  I thought really, really hard. 

And then I thought, you know, maybe I’d, like, pray about it. ;)

And lo and behold, this is the verse that was put on my heart.  

“Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding.  In all your ways submit to him, and He will make your paths straight.” Proverbs 3:5-6

That God of ours has quite a sense of humor.

Since I have the attention span of a small child, as exciting as this idea is, I was a bit concerned that I'd manage to forget about it all by tomorrow.  I really want to make sure that I keep this verse top of mind.  So I asked my good pal Google and found a really pretty poster with a beautiful forest-y background (the mountains are my happy place).  I saved it as the screensaver on my iphone, ipad, iPod, and laptop.  (Beware devices I haven't thought about yet--I'm coming for you, too).  I also printed it out and posted it around the house.  That should do it. 

I wanted to share this with you because I thought it was such a fun idea, but also because I wanted to share with you the verse I chose (let’s be honest, the verse God knew I needed).  

So if I ever seem to be in a panic over something—maybe gently remind me about this little verse of mine. :)

What's your Verse of the Year? 

No comments:

Post a Comment