Friday, January 17, 2014

I Hate Messy

I'm in the middle of cleaning out my closets.
I will try to embrace this Goodwill pile
that's driving me bonkers.
I hate messy. Even the word gives me shivers—it makes me want to bust out my container of cleaning supplies and go to town.

I LOVE organization.  I THRIVE with structure.  If it were up to me, everything would be tied up in a nice little box, with a pretty little bow, and placed its rightful location.

When something is out of place, it makes me very uneasy.  And I hate feeling uncomfortable.

But I was reminded in an awesome sermon last night that messy is our reality (oh how it hurts to admit this).  We live in it constantly, because that’s life.  It’ll never be completely clean or right or perfect (SURPRISE, that’s my favorite word).

And God expects the mess.  He wants us to get all up in it.

You’re probably wondering where the heck I’m going with this.  (Side note: I have A LOT of energy this morning, can you tell?  I’m literally bouncing off the walls.  I’m gonna blame the chia seeds I added to my green smoothie and the kick ass spin class that was so intense, it left me a bit overheated.  I apologize in advance to anyone who has to hang out with me today).

So I’m blogging.  Again.  And this new blog, it kinda sucks.  I don’t have it figured out yet.  I don’t like the fonts, the colors are a bit horrendous, I’ll probably change the background picture forty times.  I don’t even have a clear idea of exactly what I should write about. But I decided to just get it out there, in all its messy glory, and figure it out as I go along.  (Ok, deep breaths).  At least I'll be writing. 

This may seem ridiculous to you, but it’s a big step for me.  I can’t believe that I'm about to share this blog with you even though it's not yet totally PERFECT, and I haven’t run it by 100 of my closest friends for feedback before “going live.”  

So. Welcome to my mess.

www.kaleikekuna.blogspot.com 

No comments:

Post a Comment