Monday, October 7, 2013

How It All Began

The inspiration for it all :)
At the beginning of this year, I was pretty upset.  Why?  My life had not gone according to plan.  I never imagined that at 36, I would be divorced and jobless.  Add to that a cross country move to a new city where I hardly knew a soul.  It was a dark and lonely time.  And that's putting it mildly.

And then...something incredible happened.  Through a series of crazy events, in 4 short months, my life was transformed.  I found a great church, started my own consulting company, made wonderful friends, joined two amazing volunteer organizations, was asked to co-lead a women's group, and enrolled in Nutrition School.

Oh.  And I found my life's purpose.

By no means am I saying that I have anything all figured out, or that my life is now easy.  But.  When I decided to focus my life on God and his plan for me, everything started falling into place.

One of the most important changes I made was to practice gratitude daily.  To actively seek beauty and loveliness every single day, even when I didn't feel like it.  Especially when I didn't feel like it.  This simple activity shifted my brain from feeling sorry for myself and depressed about everything I didn't have, to being grateful and overwhelmed at everything I did have.

"Seeking Lovely" was inspired by Philippians 4:8, which is easily one of my favorite verses ever.  "Whatever is true, honorable, just, pure, lovely, commendable, excellent, worthy of praise, think about these things."

I promise to find one lovely thing every day to share with you.  My hope is that you're inspired to do the same, and pass it on.  

Source: http://www.biblelockscreen.com/new-testament/philippians-48-iphone/

No comments:

Post a Comment