Tuesday, October 15, 2013

Hiking in the Forest above the Desert

I heart you, gigantic trees 
I adore hiking, especially in the fall when the air is a little chilly, and especially in a gorgeous and unexpected location like Palm Springs.  Yup.  I took this picture hiking through the San Jacinto forest, on the mountain top above smoking hot, cactus-and-sand-filled Palm Springs.

It's one of my favorite places to hike because it's so completely different from the climate a mere 10 minutes down the mountain.  It was (gasp) 45 degrees up here--there was even snow on the ground.  Then after the fun revolving tram ride and the quick drive back to our rental house, we were laying out at the pool in 92 degree heat.

Anyway, back to these awesome trees.  This picture doesn't do them justice.  These suckers were HUGE.  And yet, in spite of their size, they put me at peace.

It struck me that God is bigger than any of my problems, and that no matter what I face, he's always there, giving me peace.

God is our refuge and strength, a very present help in trouble. Psalm 46:1

No comments:

Post a Comment