Monday, October 14, 2013

How Do You Start Your Morning?

I just love little pumpkins.  And this little candle.
It's the little things, you know?
I love my morning ritual.  After being woken up by my ridiculously energetic dog (who is thankfully adorable), we take a nice long walk along a beautiful tree-lined creek, singing "Good Morning" to Daisy's friends--fellow dogs and the cutest little cottontail bunnies--along the way.  (I know I sound like Snow White in this little story, but this is seriously how amazing my morning is).

When I get back, I make a warm and hearty bowl of oatmeal with chia seeds and bananas, lightly dusted with cinnamon, and sip Sweet and Spicy Tea with a dash of almond milk.  YUM.

After breakfast, I pull out my Women of Faith Bible and Jesus Calling, my lovingly worn devotional that I've read nearly every day for the last 4 years.  It never fails to comfort me.  But the crazy part?  More often than not, the day's message is exactly what I need to hear.  God is pretty amazing that way, you know?  

"In the morning, Lord, you hear my voice; in the morning I lay my requests before you and wait expectantly." Psalm 5:3 NIV

No comments:

Post a Comment